Be part of today’s actions as we countdown to Palm Sunday, tomorrow. These are activities we can do from our home – continue to be part of the movement for justice for refugees!
Make a sign for a selfie pic or short video to post or send on Palm Sunday
Although we can’t gather in person on Palm Sunday tomorrow, we can still add our voices to the call for justice for refugees with the messages of support that we can all send out online.
Let your creative juices flow and make a sign with your message of support. Then, take a selfie photo or record a 1minute video with your sign and get ready to post on your social media platforms tomorrow as people around Australia do the same. Share your posts with your networks.
If you’re not on social media, you can still be involved. Make your wonderful signs, take a selfie photo and email it to RAC here as soon as they’re ready. Tomorrow morning we’ll post them on social media for you.
To get you started, here are a few suggestions for signs:
- Refugees are Welcome – #justice4refugees #FreeTheRefugees
- End the detention of refugees and people seeking asylum – #FreeTheRefugees
- All Out Of Detention Now – #DetentionIsAnInfectionRisk #justice4refugees
- Centrelink and Medicare for all – #justice4refugees #IncomeSupportForAll
- Stop the Cruelty, Justice for Refugees – #justice4refugees #FreeTheRefugees
Virtual rally at 11am tomorrow
Tomorrow, speakers from across the Australian community will be sharing their messages of support for refugees through a series of video clips that will be released and shared at 11am.
View and share the virtual event, which you can access here tomorrow, as widely as possible.