Date(s) - Sat 18 Jan 2020
10:00 - 13:00
Copland Building Room G030, ANU
Categories No Categories
As we come into 2020, the campaign for refugee rights faces challenges – some old and some new. Every year, RAC in Canberra holds a planning meeting to review our previous year and make plans for the next. We need input from all of those who’ve already been active in the campaign and those who want to be active in the future.
We have prepared a discussion paper which can be accessed here.
If people would like to submit other papers, feel free.
At the planning day we will also hold elections for the Steering Committee. If you’ve been involved for a while and would like to step up your involvement, please consider standing for the Steering Committee.
The draft agenda for the day is:
- The broad situation facing the campaign – international and Australia
- Brief assessment of activities and brief working group reports
- What to do next – our broad orientation
- What to do next – specific suggestions
- Financial report
- Steering Committee elections
The meeting part of the day will begin at 10am and end at 1pm. Then there will be a BBQ and a chance for informal discussion.